Hey all! Getting ready for the weekend, I guess? Well, the Farafina short story competition was launched earlier this week and entries are already pouring in! Have you sent your own story? No? What are you waiting for? Well, here are the guidelines once more!
- Each person is to write an original short story (600 words max) about the theme, Nigeria@50.
- Creativity and originality is encouraged.
- All entries should be in English.
- Ensure your story has a title; word count excludes story title and the name of the writer.
- Please ensure there are no typographical errors in your work.
- Use Verdana 10 font with 1.5 spacing to make it easy for the judges to review your work.
- You can use a pen name but make sure your real name is included in the email.
- Place your entries in the body of the email; no attachments, please!
- Please send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries close on the 31stof October, 2010.
- The winner gets a Farafina VIP gift pack. The winning story will be posted on our blog and will be critiqued by one of our authors.
- Runners-up will also get gifts from Farafina.
- Winners will receive gift packs in our Lagos office.
Spread the word to all! More ink to your pens!